Mechanical ForemanBurnaby, British Columbia
Enersolv Design + Build isn’t just a construction company – we’re a people company.
We prove that business can have minimal conflict while maximizing the beneficial experience for both our clients and our people.
Our vision is not just about providing turnkey delivery of high-performance, energy-efficient, sustainable buildings; our collaborative values are built right into our name: Design + Build. We believe in working together—which starts with the people we work with.
We see the value of a strong team, and our teams are filled with people who are driven, ambitious, and looking for growth because our leaders invest in our people.
Enersolv has doubled in size since 2019, and we have plans for further growth in the upcoming years. Our leadership team cares about supporting our people, and our leaders take the time to see each member’s potential. We’re looking for people who will join us, grow with us, and make a difference with us.
If you’re passionate about sustainability, collaborative culture, and making a positive change in the world, check out our available positions below and maybe we can leave a lasting legacy together.
Reporting to the Site Superintendent, you will play a key role in our division. As Foreman, you will be responsible to provide oversight and guidance to our field staff, subcontractors, and GC, in partnership with the Enersolv PM to successfully deliver projects on schedule and on budget. You will ensure all Enersolv standards and codes are implemented, and you will be responsible for exceeding client expectations while continuously improving the bottom line.
- Complete all required safety meetings, hazard assessments, site orientations and other safety documentation as outlined in the Enersolv Safety Manual
- Meet with employees and subcontractors every morning to discuss the day’s activities, site hazards and safety concerns
- Arrange or provide training and advice to employees and document provided training
- Ensure all employees and subcontractors receive a site orientation and that orientation is documented
- Accurately complete purchase orders with job numbers and cost codes
- Ensure crew’s timecards, packing slips and gravel slips, etc are accurate and have accurate job number and cost codes
- Meet with management before job commences to discuss job costing, drawings, hazards, schedule, etc
- Check materials delivered to site to confirm the correct quantities and sizes are delivered and that the materials meet spec. and are not damaged. Notify the office where discrepancies exist or damaged materials are delivered
- Coordinate, in a timely manner, with management for materials and labour/equipment/trucking required on job
- Communicate daily with project manager to update on status of projects
- Review, interpret and implement installations based on plans and specifications
- Write up and issue RFI’s to PM in a proactive manner
- Attend all necessary trade / scheduling meetings
- Work with the PM to ensure equipment deliveries arrive on time
- Review and manage site logistics to maximize material handling efficiencies
- Maintain an organized set of drawings, SI’s, CO’s and Shop Drawings
- Manage and schedule subcontractors as required throughout the project
- Ensure any and all extra work identified onsite is communicated to project manager without delay
- Organize necessary tools for the days’ work at the beginning of the shift
- Inspect the site at the end of the shift to make sure no tools have been left out
Skills and Qualifications
- 3-5 years experience in commercial HVAC mechanical piping, plumbing and sheet metal
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent organization skills
- Solid knowledge of the construction process
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Microsoft Projects
- Competitive salary based on prior experience
- Employer covered Health and benefits
- Training and professional development support
- 4 weeks vacation
- Up to five days paid sick leave per year
- Annual profit sharing plan
- 4% GRSP Matching Contribution
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40.00-$55.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Please forward a cover letter and resume to admin@Enersolv.ca
- Electrical Foreman
- Electrical Journeyman
- Electrical Apprentice
- Mechanical Foreman
- Plumber Journeyman
- Plumber Apprentice
- HVAC Refrigeration Foreman
- HVAC Refrigeration Journeyman
- HVAC Refrigeration Apprentice
- Senior Project Manager (Mechanical)
- Project Manager (Design)
- Project Manager (Specialty Mechanical Projects)
- Senior Mechanical Designer
- Intermediate Mechanical Designer
- Junior Mechanical Designer
Interested in Applying?
Please forward a cover letter and resume to admin@Enersolv.ca.
If you have a LinkedIn profile, don’t forget to update it, get some recommendations and send us the link!
Go to our sister company’s website for more details fenixenergy.com/careers/