Sheet Metal Lead Hand (Special Projects)Metro Vancouver Regional District, BC
Enersolv Design + Build isn’t just a construction company – we’re a people company.
We prove that business can have minimal conflict while maximizing the beneficial experience for both our clients and our people.
Our vision is not just about providing turnkey delivery of high-performance, energy-efficient, sustainable buildings; our collaborative values are built right into our name: Design + Build. We believe in working together—which starts with the people we work with.
We see the value of a strong team, and our teams are filled with people who are driven, ambitious, and looking for growth because our leaders invest in our people.
Enersolv has doubled in size since 2019, and we have plans for further growth in the upcoming years. Our leadership team cares about supporting our people, and our leaders take the time to see each member’s potential. We’re looking for people who will join us, grow with us, and make a difference with us.
If you’re passionate about sustainability, collaborative culture, and making a positive change in the world, check out our available positions below and maybe we can leave a lasting legacy together.
Reporting to the Special Projects Superintendent, you will play a key role in our growth strategy. As our Special Projects Lead Hand – Sheet Metal, you will possess the ability to learn and apply company methods, practices, procedures and regulatory requirements regarding a variety of sheet metal products. You will be responsible for running (residential? commercial?) projects; working as part of a team to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, safely and to a high standard.
- Work alongside Special Projects team to complete preventative and service work orders
- Consult blueprints, work orders, and/or schematics to safely construct specified structure; develop additional sketches if needed
- Select appropriate material for each job based on the desired or necessary strength
- Create, assemble and install all kinds of different sheet metal products
- Measure, cut, and weld pieces together according to specifications, blueprints, or directions
- Connect pieces or secure seams by riveting, rolling, soldering, or using steel screws
- Use appropriate machinery and software applications to complete assigned jobs
- Coordinate required shutdowns and startups of equipment with other departments after sheet metal installation
- Develop and maintain records for projects and repairs
- Ensure the timely remittance of all administrative aspects for all projects
- Constructively analyse, assess and troubleshoot to resolve issues and develop solutions
- Apply your technical, personal and teamwork skills to get the job done, on time, within budget, safely and to a high standard
- Mentor junior apprentices, where appropriate, to work more effectively
- Participate in ongoing technical and professional training, supported by the company, to continually develop your skills and enhance your development
Skills and Qualifications
- Sheet Metal Worker Red Seal Ticket
- Level 1 First Aid (considered an asset)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) (considered an asset)
- Possess personal hand tools for the trade. Enersolv will provide any additional company-related tools.
Compensation is negotiable for the right applicant.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Please forward a cover letter and resume to admin@Enersolv.ca
- Electrical Foreman
- Electrical Journeyman
- Mechanical Foreman
- Plumber Foreman
- Plumber Journeyman
- HVAC Refrigeration Foreman
- HVAC Refrigeration Journeyman
- Senior Project Manager (Mechanical)
- Project Manager (Design)
- Senior Mechanical Designer
- Sheet Metal Lead Hand (Special Projects)
- Project Manager (Mechanical Construction)
- Project Manager (Mechanical Design)