Project Manager (Mechanical Design)
$90,000–$115,000 a year - Permanent, Full-time | Burnaby, BC
Enersolv Design + Build isn’t just a construction company – we’re a people company.
We prove that business can have minimal conflict while maximizing the beneficial experience for both our clients and our people.
Our vision is not just about providing turnkey delivery of high-performance, energy-efficient, sustainable buildings; our collaborative values are built right into our name: Design + Build. We believe in working together—which starts with the people we work with.
We see the value of a strong team, and our teams are filled with people who are driven, ambitious, and looking for growth because our leaders invest in our people.
Enersolv has doubled in size since 2019, and we have plans for further growth in the upcoming years. Our leadership team cares about supporting our people, and our leaders take the time to see each member’s potential. We’re looking for people who will join us, grow with us, and make a difference with us.
If you’re passionate about sustainability, collaborative culture, and making a positive change in the world, check out our available positions below and maybe we can leave a lasting legacy together.
Reporting to the Design Director, you will play a key role in our Design division. As Project Manager, you will be responsible for directing, monitoring, reporting, and interpreting all aspects of the design team’s operations. You will ensure all Enersolv standards and codes are implemented, and you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding client expectations while continuously improving the project bottom line.
- Provide workload forecasting as new projects are secured and provide progress analysis regarding prospective unsecured projects.
- Recommend distribution of new work based on staff availability as established by the team workload requirements.
- Prepare and develop Schematic Design and Design Development reports and drawings.
- Assign tasks to junior staff and review to ensure satisfactory completion.
- Represent Enersolv at meetings with project clients and other project stakeholders as required.
- Assure adequate field review services are provided to ensure adherence of contract documents.
- Effect and implement programs to improve the quality of our service, products, and systems to meet client’s requirements and expectations.
- Train staff in all phases of the design process to ensure continuation of technical design operation when absent from the office or when staff is on vacation.
- Manage all aspects of small to medium projects with minimal supervision.
- Develop, establish, and administer procedures and systems pertaining to team management.
- Keep current on new developments in relevant codes and innovative design.
- Participate in seminars and/or professional associations; attend relevant trade shows/events.
- Participate in hiring of staff, making recommendations for promotion and monitoring and reporting performance.
- Collaborate with the Construction Division on Design & Build projects.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline
- 7+ years design experience in HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection systems
- 3+ years AutoCAD experience
- Relevant project management experience in consulting engineering environment
- Superior interpersonal skills with clients and staff
- Excellent organizational skills
- Professional Engineer (PEng) or Applied Science Technologist (AScT) preferred
- Ability to manage the preparation of working drawings and specifications from project inception with minimal supervision
- Ability to read Architectural, Structural and Electrical drawings
- Ability to apply prescriptive requirements of plumbing, building and fire protection codes
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in supervising/mentoring others
- Ability to work with clients, contractors, consulting engineers and suppliers in a professional manner
- Competitive salary based on prior experience
- Employer covered Health and benefits
- Training and professional development support
- 4 weeks vacation starting
- Up to five days paid sick leave per year
- Annual profit sharing plan
- 4% GRSP Matching Contribution
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $90,000.00-$115,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Please forward a cover letter and resume to hr@Enersolv.ca
- Electrical Foreman
- Electrical Journeyman
- Mechanical Foreman
- Plumber Foreman
- Plumber Journeyman
- HVAC Refrigeration Foreman
- HVAC Refrigeration Journeyman
- Senior Project Manager (Mechanical)
- Project Manager (Design)
- Senior Mechanical Designer
- Sheet Metal Lead Hand (Special Projects)
- Project Manager (Mechanical Construction)
- Project Manager (Mechanical Design)